Using the QR code generator in 4 steps
- Select QR Code type you want to generate using the menu option: Url, SMS, free text, phone number, contact information in a Vcard, WIFI, event, geoloc
- Fill de data according the QR Code type you want generate.
- Press button - GENERATE QR-
- To save de Qr Code, press the right mouse button on the image or copy the code from the permalink html code to be inserted directly into any Web.
Recommendations for using QR Codes
So you've created your QR?.Perfect! If you intend to use it, inserting it in brochures, catalogs, posters, etc. ... the following recommendations will be useful.
- The QR Codes with simple and reliable readings are the "classics" (black on white) i.e. no customizations or changes color.
- If you want to use color, make sure your QR code has enough contrast between the background color and the color of the pixels.
- Make tests with QR that you have generated. Use different QR code readers to check that it can be read correctly.
- Include in your tests other mobile devices to ensure that they can read easily. If possible use medium and low range smartphones also. Not everyone have high-end devices.
- Perform various variants of QR using different values for the size and redundancy and determine which best suits your needs.
Webs, URL and QR
- Very Important! Make sure you have entered the url target correctly, either the type http://codigos-qr.com or http://www.codigos-qr.com.
- You not only have to prove that the QR is read perfectly, make sure the QR reader redirect you to the web URL or desired. (check it a hundred times if necessary)
- To generate simpler QR and with smaller dimensions, you can use some urls shortener service like bit.ly or goo.gl
- It is highly recommended that the Web target is tailored for mobile devices. The user experience is much better if the website and its content is ready to be viewed on mobile devices.
Usability of QR codes
The main objective using a QR is facilitate the user to perform an action, either visit a website, send an email, etc...
Make things easy to user
- Make sure the size is right for your QR reading. Is not the same including a QR in a brochure, a poster, or a banner.
- Think how far needs the code to be read, some centimeters one meter to several tens of meters.
- Locate the QR in a position where it is easy to read. For example if it is a poster that the user does not crouching.
- Keeps a white border around the QR codes to ensure readability.
Promote your QR Code reading
Think that not everyone is interested in reading your QR.
Also thinks that not everyone knows how to make a QR code reading.
- Add supporting text to inform the user the advantages that are obtained by reading the QR, for example:
- Download this application or using this QR..
- Log in our promotion using this QR.
- Discover our latest offers with this QR.
- Share on Facebook with the QR.
- Try to offer exclusive content as a reward..
- Remember, an "orphan" QR says nothing.
FAQS. Frequently asked questions about QR.
Browse our collection of frequently asked questions we have received on the generation and use of QR codes. You can access our QR FAQS section or visit our blog of QR to find information and articles on the use and applications of QR.
About our QR generator
Our QR generator is a completely free tool made available to the community and developed with open source tools. The generated QR codes can be downloaded and printed for private, commercial and advertising purposes without charge.
The contents of our blog are licensed under Creative Commons, with the intention of disseminating and promoting the use of QR.
Find below all our years of experience in identification systems, barcodes, QR and labeling. We offer in other services:
- Courses and training workshops about QR codes.
- Training "In-House”.
- Consulting and advice in creating campaigns with QR ..
The web and the generator are maintained with the advertisement shown in certain parts of the Web. You can help if you want, sharing on social networks, making a donation, or hiring an advertising space on our website. Any help or assistance would be welcome!